LPP Testing is necessary to determining at-risk patients. Up to 50 percent of heart attack individuals have “normal” cholesterol levels. So how can we accurately identify the condition which causes the heart attack? Simply by testing the particle numbers (LDL) for low density particle protein utilizing the Lipoprotein Particle Profile (LPP) from SpectraCell Laboratories.
OVERVIEW OF LIPOPROTEIN BITS AND CHOLESTEROL
Cholesterol screening has been historically used to indicate the amount of good cholesterol (HDL) vs the bad ones(LDL). However it really is the lipoprotein particles that carry the cholesterol levels inside the whole body that are responsible for crucial for plaque productions which resulting in cardio vascular diseases.
Common cholesterol levels testing just provides you part of the picture leaving lots of people with a normal cholesterol levels numbers unaware that they are still in jeopardy for a heart attack. NCEP introduced brand-new threat factors that are responsible for several individuals going to danger of heart disease. These risk elements can only be related to innovative lipoprotein screening.
WHO REQUIRES THE LPP TEST?
ALL PATIENTS, AND ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO:
- Have a family tree of heart disease or diabetic issues
- Have been identified with heart disease or diabetes
- Are taking cholesterol lowering drugs
- Have been detected with Metabolic Syndrome
- Are over weight
- Have reduced HDL- the excellent cholesterol levels
- Have high LDL- the bad cholesterol levels
- Have high triglyderides
- What’s Included in the LPP Plus Comprehensive evaluation?
- Lipoprotein Fractionation
- Lipoprotein Particle Number
- Apolipoprotein B.
- Complete Cholesterol.
- LDL Cholesterol.
- HDL Cholesterol.
- HS- C Reactive Protein.
- The hormone insulin.